My name is Clark Goble. I’ve struggled with my weight and gluttony for most of my life. When I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes and high blood pressure in 2015, I weighed in at 368 pounds. Sadly, that was not my highest weight. As I write this, I am over one hundred pounds less. I am doing my best to honor God and repent of the lifestyle that left me knocking on the door of 400 lbs. In doing so, I have discovered a love for running and rediscovered a love for biking. I write about my journey here with the hope of inspiring others and to motivate myself. Looking back on where I’ve come helps drive me to where I want to go.
In addition to theses things, I serve as the Director of Education and Bible Study Teacher in my local church. I have a Master of Arts degree in Biblical Studies from the Baptist Bible College & Seminary as well as undergraduate degrees in Integrated Studies and Social Sciences. I am a writer that explores a variety of genres including Biblical Studies, fiction, and poetry … and I often blog and tweet what I am learning, reading, and thinking about.
- Devotionals: I have been published in both the The Upper Room (Nov-Dec 2013) and BBC&S’ (now Summit University), The Anchor. My new devotional, “Humbled in the Gym“, will appear in the Fall 2018 issue of The Secret Place.
- Malfus and the Witch (Fiction) – published in A Flame in the Dark
- The Priest and his Demon-Hunting Dog (Fiction)- published in Flashes in the Dark
- Tea for Two (Fiction) – published in Flashshot
- Lord William (Fiction) – published in Farther Stars Than These
- Wailing (Poetry) – published in Every Day Poets
- Backwoods Witch (Christian Horror): This short story can be purchased on Amazon.
Contact Info: cdgoble<at>gmail<dot>com